UC Davis School of Law is proud to co-sponsor a festschrift for King Hall's own Professor Lesley McAllister.
Here is the invitation and program information from the Center for Progressive Reform. The event will take place next week in San Francisco, where many legal scholars will be attending the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting.
Tickets are not required, but RSVPs are strongly encouraged. You can RSVP here.
Please join us from 5:00-8:00 pm on Friday, January 6, 2017 as we close out the holiday reception season with an event that will expand your thinking, rather than your waistline.
UC Davis law professor Lesley McAllister has made an indelible mark on the field of environmental law. Unfortunately, she has been fighting a rare form of lung cancer for several years. On January 6, by the sidelines of the AALS annual meeting, we are convening a forum of influential scholars who contributed to her work, are inspired by her work, and benefit from her work. We hope you'll come be a part of it.
Lesley McAllister has been a volunteer Member Scholar of the Center for Progressive Reform (CPR), for the past 8 years. CPR, founded over 15 years ago by a few law profs who taught environmental and workplace health and safety law, is an advocacy organization through which law scholars work together to bring their voices out of academia into the policy arena in support of protective regulation.
This event to honor Lesley McAllister will take place at the UC Hastings College of Law, 200 McAllister Street, San Francisco, just a few blocks from the AALS annual meeting. It is not an AALS event, so you do not need a ticket to attend. It starts at 5:00 pm, with a light reception from 5:00-6:00 pm. An hour-long program (see below) follows, and then there will be a bigger (i.e. more food & drink) reception from 7:00-8:00 pm.
The evening is generously co-sponsored by UC Davis School of Law and the University of San Diego School of Law.
You can RSVP here. Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Robert R.M. Verchick
Board President, Center for Progressive Reform
Gauthier-St. Martin Chair in Environmental Law, Loyola University New Orleans
Senior Fellow in Disaster Resilience Leadership, Tulane University
- Rob Verchick, CPR President, Gauthier-St. Martin Eminent Scholar and Chair in Environmental Law, Loyola New Orleans University
- Lesley McAllister, Professor of Law, UC Davis
- Madhavi Sunder, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Martin Luther King, Jr. Professor of Law, UC Davis
- Orly Lobel, Professor of Law, University of San Diego
- Climate Change & Cap and Trade: William Boyd, Professor of Law & John H. Schultz Energy Law Fellow, University of Colorado
- Environmental Law in Developing Countries: Benjamin Van Rooij, Professor of Law, UC Irving
- Private Regulation / 3rd party Auditing: Jodi Short, Professor of Law, UC Hastings
- Daniel Rodriguez, Dean and Harold Washington Professor of Law, Northwestern University
- Robert Kagan, Prof. Emeritus of Political Science and Law, UC Berkeley.
- Lesley McAllister
Please RSVP here.